The new hat I just completed is called the Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap. The designer is Flor and I found it at the Head Huggers website. The hat looked cute in the website pictures. I actually checked my gauge before I started this one and it seemed to match. Though, if it isn't apparent by the pics, I'm here to tell you it is a little big. I don't think it is too much of a worry though since I used cotton worsted weight yarn(ie. It'll shrink in the washer).
After finishing two hats that ended up slightly larger than expected, I think it is safe to say I need to use smaller needles or something. I used Boyle aluminum needles. They were fast but too slick with the lightweight cotton. My stitches kept slipping off and it was REALLY hard to bindoff.
Overall, the hat is pretty and was easy to knit. Like the author of the pattern says, it looks complicated, but it isn't so. It took me yesterday and part of today to complete it.
I'm not sure if I feel like flying around the world in this hat. It actually makes me feel Amish.