Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wear Underwear

This morning I woke up to take Q to work and I debated for awhile (about 3 seconds) about whether or not to put real clothes on, or just wear my PJ's and slippers. My Mom is from the "Put on clean underwear in case you get into an accident" school of thought. I always figured it was a silly rule.

Point is, Q and I stop at the gas station place where they rape my pocket book to fill up my tank. He gets back into the car and I try to turn over the engine when, to my great dismay and shock, darkness. Not even the slightest flicker of light from my stereo's LCD to show me that maybe I'd dreamt it all along. Great, so now I'm stuck in the middle of town, in my PJ's and it is no longer the early 7:15 am, it is going on 8am and there are more people out. Crap!

I called AAA and the nice tow truck dude, Kevin, looked under the hood, jiggled something and told me to try and turn the car on. Low and behold, she lives. Wheee! The car started. Just a loose cable. Kevin tightened it up for me. Thanks K, you are a peach. Good thing no one asked to see my underwear.

Next topic: Beanie with no name. (Maybe I could get some suggestions for a name for this beanie? Go ahead, make a comment, I dare you!)


Here is the final product. Knitting with bobbins is nothing to be afraid of. You just need to carry the yarn along. It is a pain when your project is finished because you have to weave in all those ends. There is Q modelling the beanie inside out so you could see all the ends that need to be woven in. This time I was able to be looser with my yarn when using both colors (yeah!). One neat thing I did (I think it's neat) is that when I did the decreases (ie. k2tog's) I used white so it made this cute spiral/star/flower thingy on top. Overall, a great hat.

I promise the pattern is coming soon. As much as I would love to type it out now, I have to do a take home midterm now for my Native American Studies class. Anyone want to write it for me? Didn't think so.

Ciao

No comments: