Monday, October 24, 2005

Promised Pics


Okey dokey. Here are the pictures of my progress thus far on the Wyvern pattern. I am actually in the process of undoing a couple of rows because I can't seem to figure out the difference between even and odd rows (duh!). Anyways, I have high hopes for this project. You can see I made it through the short row toe with success. If you look closely you can see Lily Cat preening herself.
'
I love that about her. About once a week she does a serious deep cleaning of her coat. She always does daily maintenance, but like I say, about once a week she really goes for it. The end result is a super soft coat that I absolutely love to touch.


But I digress. The next picture is of a scarf (done in Lion Brand Fancy Fur)I started back when I was still crocheting (carpal tunnel doomed my career as a world renowned crochet artiste). The moral of this story is (1) don't even attempt to crochet with novelty yarn that is not only fluffy and confusing on its own, but also dark in color. I had the worst time trying to find the loop that I was supposed to be using. And (2) this type of yarn is practically impossible would require an act of god to frog it. It is very pretty and soft but make sure you know what you are doing before you use it. It isn't cheap as acrylics go.

Lupine and I spent about 1 1/2 hours at the park tonight. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Oh la.

Ciao

No comments: