Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No! Not Really! (Oh yes Grasshopper, yes.)

This sweater (my very first sweater, can you believe it isn't a scarf?) got started way back in July. It is all Garter Stitch or Stockinette (I forget which is which) and so I got bored with it. Knit 1 row, purl 1 row, knit 1row, purl 1 row. Oh the monotany of it all! I even considered ripping it all out and starting a different pattern because this one was so boring and I thought maybe when I finished it, that it wouldn't fit. My Mom has convinced me that it will fit, it will look cute, and NO, do not unravel all that hard work. And thus, I pulled it out of the garage this week and started anew.

I had already completed the back and the front side with the button holes. I am almost to the arm shaping portion on the second front side. Then the arms, and then I'll make the collar. This pattern is from the Lion Brand website. I'm pretty cheap about certain things so I have thus far only knitted from free patterns available online. Anyways, when it is all finished I'll put it on and we'll hope for the best.

This is my Mom working on the ribbed scarf on my Dad's birthday (yes, back in August). They were relaxing on the couch after a very yummy leg of lamb dinner. My Gram bought cake at the Freeport Bakery. It was tiramisu. Man do I loooooooove the Freeport Bakery. If you ever make it to Sacramento you have got to go have dessert there.

No comments: